Versatile. Durable. High-Performance.
If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
The new MixPre Generation
The new generation of the award-winning MixPre series brings higher performance and a dynamic range of a whopping 142 dB. Like their predecessors, the MixPre II units come with hand-crafted, crystal-clear, low-noise Kashmir preamps - for superb quality recording up to 32-bit float bit depth and 192 kHz sample rate.
Made for you
The MixPre II adapts to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on the unit or transfer to your computer via USB. MixPre II recorders draw power directly from your computer or AC adapter. And if you're recording in the middle of nowhere, you can rely on AA or Sony L-mount batteries.
Limiter, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power can be adjusted to suit your needs. The choice is yours!
Withstands a lot
All models are rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera – or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre II can capture audio for any application.
Customize with plugins
Are you a songwriter or musician? Buy the Musician Plugin to easily create a song using your MixPre-10 II as a standalone recorder or USB interface. Use onboard features like overdub, bounce, reverb, and tracking to a metronome. Create Music Projects to lay down backing tracks and use them live or at home for writing or practicing. Capturing your song ideas has never been easier! While in Music Mode, the MixPre-10 II is limited to eight simultaneous live inputs.
Download the free Ambisonics Plugin to record in 360° audio and monitor binaurally with an ambisonic microphone like the Sennheiser AMBEO and your MixPre-10 II.
- Eight ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 10 x 4 portable mixer.
- Record up to 12 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 12-in, 4-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via BNC or Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-8AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), XL-WPH3 AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.