If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
With Sound Devices’ hand-crafted, crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you’ll record audio in superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
The MixPre II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries.
Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Use the MixPre’s high-precision internal timecode generator to trigger the camera, or feed timecode in. The choice is yours!
Professionals love the flexibility of the MixPre Series. Don’t need all those options? Basic mode has you covered.
All models are rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera – or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments.
- Kashmir™ Microphone Preamps with 48 V Phantom
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable Limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of Pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB Control Surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Basic, Advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier
- Three ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 3 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 5 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 5-in, 2-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.
What’s New in the MixPre-6 II?
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- Faster, more advanced hardware.
- Internal LTC Timecode Generation and Output.
- Adjustable Limiters.
- Auto-copy to USB Drive.
- Pre-roll buffer increased to 10 seconds.