The ZMT3-X is our longest running and most durable transmitter for sound recordists. It’s made from tough nylon polymer and rubber materials to maximize performance out in the field.
Supports two lavalier microphones in stereo mode or a single lavalier in mono mode. Connection type: two microdot inputs.
Audio is transmitted using 100% digital modulation. Transmitting digitally allows the audio to be encrypted. Zaxcom uses an advanced encryption system to keep audio private.
Transmitted audio can be simultaneously recorded internally to a microSD card. Audio files are recorded using the highly reliable lossless MARF (Mobile Audio Recording Format) which eliminates file corruption common to recordings due to dead battery or early card removal.
The ZMT3-X provides 128 dB dynamic range in mono mode and 108 dB in stereo mode. Selectable power of 25, 50 or 75 mW. An OLED displays key information.
ZaxNet™ is a long range remote control system allowing users to change frequency, input gain and power output without removing the transmitter from the talent.
Zaxcom High Density modulation (ZHD) increases the number of available channels to 9 in one MHz of spectrum space.
A Motorola BT100 battery provides up to 12 hours of runtime and 48 hours of standby time on a single charge.
ZMT3-X is available in the following frequency bands:
“.5 band” (512-608 MHz)
“.6 band” (596-698 MHz) (not available in the U.S.)
- RF Modulation: Proprietary Digital Method
- ZMT3.5-X RF Frequency Range: 512 – 614 MHz
- ZMT3.6-X RF Frequency Range: 596 – 698 MHz
- RF Frequency Step: 100 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in ZHD48 Mode: 50 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in ZHD96 Mode: 100 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in XR Mode: 200 KHz
- Channel Separation in ZHD48 Mode: as close as 100 KHz
- Channel Separation in ZHD96 Mode: as close as 200 KHz
- Channel Separation in XR Mode: 400 KHz
- Antenna Connector: 50 Ω SSMA Female
- Emission Designator: 180 KV2E, 100 KV2E, 50 KV2E
- FCC Part: 74.861
- Dynamic Range Mono Mode: 128 dB
- Dynamic Range Stereo Mode: 108 dB
- Distortion: 0.002%
- Frequency Response: Mode 0: 20 Hz to 16 kHz
- High Pass Filter: Off or 30 to 220 Hz, Steps: 10 (6 dB Per Octave)
- Mic Power: 3.3 VDC
- Mic Connector: two microdot
- Input Range: -60 to -30 dBu
- Mic Impedance: 6.8 k Ω
- ADC Bit-Depth: 24 Bits
- ADC Sampling-Rate: 48 kHz
Timecode Reader / Generator
- Clock Accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 Frame Out in 6 Hours)
- Timecode Type: SMPTE
- Timecode Frame-Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- Media: MicroSD Card (Flash Memory)
- File Format: .ZAX / Converts to BWAV or MP3
2.4 GHz ZaxNet Receiver
- RF Frequency Range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF Modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
- RF Frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF Bandwidth: 1 MHz
- Channel Separation: 2 MHz
- Sensitivity: -96 dBm
- Weight: 4.4 oz / 125 grams with Battery
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.6” x 1.8” x .9”
- Display: Graphic OLED
- Power Output: 25 / 50 / 75 mW – Software Selectable
- Battery Type: Motorola BT100
- Battery Life: Up to 12 Hours / 48 Hours of Standby