Venue2, Modular Receiver System
The Venue 2 Receiver is a modular solution that effectively deals with a congested RF spectrum with a variety of options that allows a system configuration to be idealized for a particular installation or application.
The receiver is comprised of several components:
- The master rack mount host assembly
- Up to six receiver modules
- Built-in antenna multicoupler with loop-thru output
- Software for setup and control
Flexibility is the core concept of the design. The receiver modules can be operated separately, each with switched diversity reception for a total of six audio channels, or operated in pairs for more robust diversity reception with one audio channel per module pair. Combinations can also be used for special applications where some modules operate independently and others are paired.
The receiver modules are easy to change with no tools required. The wideband multicoupler allows the use of any frequency module in any position, except when modules are paired for ratio diversity reception.
A major benefit of the design is the inclusion of a high quality antenna multicoupler. The multicoupler is actually a dual 1 in, 7 out splitter with six outputs for the receiver modules and an additional output as a “loop thru” for another Venue receiver. This allows multiple Venue receivers to operate from a single pair of antennas. Phantom power for remote antenna amplifiers is available from the multicoupler antenna inputs via menu selection.
- Six-channel modular configuration
- Ratio or Antenna Phase diversity reception
- 3-block tuning for up to 76 MHz and 3072 synthesized UHF frequencies per receiver module
- Tunes bands A1, B1, C1 – 470.100 to 691.175 MHz
- IR port for quick transmitter setup
- DSP emulation modes for compatibility with analog wireless systems in addition to the Digital Hybrid mode
- iQ™ dynamic tracking filters for enhanced RF performance
- Wireless Designer™ setup and control software included
- Talkback function with select transmitters
- Ethernet, USB and RS-232 computer interface ports
Digital Hybrid Wireless®
Digital Hybrid Wireless® is a revolutionary design that combines digital audio with an analog FM radio link to provide both outstanding audio quality and exemplary, noise-free RF performance.
Using a patented algorithm to encode 24-bit digital audio information in the transmitter into an analog format, the encoded signal is then transmitted over an analog FM wireless link.
At the receiver, the signal is then decoded to restore the original digital audio. This process eliminates compandor artifacts and produces an audio frequency response flat to 20 kHz.